Friday, January 20, 2012

Staying warm

It's been warmer this winter than it typically is, which means lower heat bills and less snow shoveling.  But we've had some snow and frigid temperatures this week, so to celebrate I thought I'd share this little video.  Yes, Calgary is a little to the north, but this Southern gal welcomes any and all advice from those more experienced with cold winters.

Singing Tweets - Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra - YouTube

Hmmm.  Apparently, the key to staying warm in the winter is alcohol...alcohol and rich food.  If I'm not quite...myself...in the spring, you'll know why.

UPDATE:  Here are some pictures of the approximately six inches of snow we had last night.  It's moderate by local standards, but rather a lot by mine, and of a different consistency than the icy stuff we get at home.  When it snows here, life goes on, and not just because we have snow plows and salt trucks and "know how to get around in it." You're as likely to stay in when it snows as you are when it's cold and rainy, which is not very often for me.  And with the snow we've had so far, shoveling the driveway has only taken about 15-20 minutes.
My driveway and the house across the
street, as seen from my garage
My back yard, and house behind me
I shoveled that!

1 comment:

  1. It's so beautiful! Snow makes your city halfway bearable... : )

    ReplyDelete