Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Weather Channel

The s-word has been spoken.

Saturday's forecast calls for temperatures in the low to mid-30s, and for rain mixed with snow.  We'll see if it really happens, since weather here changes on a dime, but I can't believe it's not yet November 1 and we're already talking white stuff.

I absolutely love snow, probably since I grew up deprived of it in my otherwise beautiful Southern homeland.  But this winter, for the first time, I will have to shovel the driveway.  And that, my friends, is nothing I'm looking forward to.  Particularly since the driveway is one car-width wide, with high retaining walls on either side, and uphill backing out.  And I leave the house at 6:20am.

I wonder if my love affair with snow is about to end...

SATURDAY UPDATE:  Huge, beautiful snowflakes were falling out of the sky when I woke up this morning, and continued until about 11am.  It melted as soon as it hit the ground, and it will warm up to 40 degrees...but it bodes ill for the cost of my heat bills if this early snowfall is a portent of things to come.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm...I think my love affair would end pretty quickly in such a situation. And I have the same love for snow you do. But I'd like to live in a snowy climate that also has excellent public transportation. Again, the stars say "You should've been Canadian. Or Swedish."

    ReplyDelete