Saturday, October 22, 2011

JPII, we love you!

Today marks the first feast of Bl. John Paul II.  While certain canonical norms limit the celebration of this feast until (and unless) he is canonized, I am most definitely celebrating his life and example in my heart. A brilliant man, lover of Christ and lover of us, he showed Christians how to live joyfully and courageously in a fallen world.  He is one of my spiritual fathers and heroes.  I consider myself truly blessed to have lived during his life and papacy.

If you'd like to celebrate as well, here is a novena in thanksgiving for his life.
Novena in Thanksgiving for Blessed Pope John Paul II

Dear Papa, John Paul II - we still love you!

2 comments:

  1. You probably only have to wait a year, actually -- it looks like the bishops will decide whether or not to put his memorial on the calendar in the United States at their meeting this November. (And it's hard to believe they'll vote against it!)

    ReplyDelete